Here's a perfect pineapple salad side dish for lunch on a hot summer day.
Of course it's healthy. But healthy never tasted so good. There are sweet, spicy, and acidic elements to this salad that make it complex and intriguing.
I discovered this dish at a potluck party years ago. It impressed me so much, I tried to replicate it back in my kitchen. It took many attempts to balance the ingredients, but I'm happy with the final results. And it always gets rave reviews whenever I serve it at a summer party.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced into 3/4" cubes
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled minced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (I recommend Mae Ploy brand because it doesn't have an overpowering garlic element)
- 1 lime, juiced
Stir all ingredients together gently in a mixing bowl, then transfer to a serving platter.
Don't let the salad sit too long before eating. Liquid is drawn out from the pineapple the longer it sits.
Makes 6-8 servings