If you don’t have a food dehydrator, you can still dry fruits and vegetables in your oven. The trick is to use a very low temperature, and be patient. Let’s learn how to make easy oven-dried tomatoes!
Dried tomatoes are great in salads or just as they are for a healthy snack. All you need is a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and an oven on low temperature.
How to Make Easy Oven-Dried Tomatoes
Drying tomatoes in the oven couldn’t be easier. Here’s how:
- Slice tomatoes in half and squeeze out all the seeds and liquid.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet which is lined with parchment paper. You must use parchment paper, not wax paper which will melt.
- Place the baking sheet in a 225-degree oven.
- Check each hour until the tomatoes are dried to your liking. The tomatoes should still be a bit moist, and not dried out completely.
- The drying time varies widely depending on the size and moisture of your tomatoes. It may take 3-4 hours for small tomatoes, and more for larger ones.
- You can store the dried tomatoes as they are in a storage container. Or, put them in a jar with olive oil.
So easy, healthy, and delicious!