We vegans are always looking for storage containers for foods like nuts, seeds, grains, and dried fruit. We’re like squirrels collecting food for the winter.
Some store-bought products come in unique jars worth saving. These can be reused as attractive storage jars for your healthy food. You can use these jars to store food you buy in the bulk section at the market. Or, make delicious vegan treats to give away as gifts.
The first step is to remove the original label, so follow the directions below. Then you can make new labels and display your works of art.
It’s great to repurpose the jars and use them creatively. Let your imagination run wild!
How to Remove Old Jar Labels
1. Soak jar in hot, soapy water for 10 minutes.
2. Scrape off label with a knife.
3. To remove the glue, use 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil and rub with a paper towel for a minute or two.
4. If the glue is stubborn, use more vegetable oil and scrape with a knife.
5. Wash the jar and lid inside and out with soap and hot water. Turn them upside down on a dish rack and let dry completely.
Now you’re ready to use the jar as creatively as you’d like!