Here’s a delightful and light salad that’s a snap to put together. It’s a chickpea and avocado salad, with basil to give it a nice feeling of summer.
You can save the shells of the avocados to use as bowls for a unique presentation. Or make a larger batch for a summer picnic with friends.
Chickpea and Avocado Salad
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt or coarse sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add chickpeas, avocado, tomatoes, and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Top with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prevent the avocado from getting crushed, do not stir. Spoon directly into avocado shells or your favorite serving bowls.